Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Belgian Forty...

Wow, what a crazy ride to work this morning... Left home lit to the gills in the dark and dense fog at 6:30 a.m. During my ten-minute warm up I nearly piled it up while coming to a normally routine stop from the dew that settled on the road through the night. Oh well, move on I thought and leave those brakes alone! Shortly thereafter I started my 40 minute Level IV interval... I got it in but was exceptionally challenged by the bumps, potholes (is this Ohio?), cars and slippery turns I encountered... Worries subsided with about five minutes to go realizing I had this *&^$%#%&$^@! by the horns and it was smooth sailin'... I hope next time conditions are better or I'm on my Computrainer!

Coach Jim

1 comment:

chica bonita said...

even a little overconfidance can get you into lifelong trouble